Today we have a fantastic exclusive freebie for everyone — a free to use WordPress theme called ‘The Scoop’. It has been designed by Sven Salmonsson from wpStyles.org and it is a four columned minimal magazine-styled theme with its main focus on elegant typography and aimed towards content heavy web sites.
You’ll love it!
The Scoop has been licensed with a GPL General Public License, meaning you can freely use this theme for both personal and business use with no limitations.
src=”http://speckyboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/scoop_screenshot_small.jpg” alt=”The Scoop WordPress Theme”>
Putting The Scoops visual beauty aside, here are some of its key features:
• Four Columns for content-heavy websites
• jQuery Dropdown menu that supports the new WP 3.0+ custom nav menu function
• Widget-areas in the third sidebar and in the footer
• A theme options page where the user can change the logo, add analytics code, add Twitter username, Facebook fan page and the RSS Feedburner URLs (for the social icons within the header)
• The theme options page also allows users to choose which categories to show posts from the two central columns. This will automatically exclude the category from the main loop from the main content area.
• Thumbnail support which means the user only has to set one image as the featured thumbnail and it’ll automatically re-size for the smaller sizes.